Beleaguered Network Ten had a podium finish with its Formula One Championship coverage while The Block: Fan v Faves was the clear winner on Sunday.
The Block: Fans V Faves won the ratings with 1.571 million viewers while the 60 Minutes interview with Daniel Morcombe’s resilient family was second with 1.477 million.
The two shows delivered the Nine Network the top two spots on OzTAM’s overnight while Ten’s coverage of the Formula One in Melbourne attracted 1.347 million viewers to be third overall.
It was a major success for Ten and its best ratings result this year outside their Sochi Games coverage.
Ten even had some success with its Sunday night movie Thor which was a repeat.
Thor replaced the struggling reality show So You Think You Can Dance, which has been moved to Thursday night.
Thor was 16th with 521,000 viewers which was about 200,000 more people than the previous Sunday who watched So You Think You Can Dance.
My Kitchen Rules (MKR) was fourth with 1.316 million viewers, which was its lowest figures for the season, but that was because it didn’t air in Adelaide due to Seven’s AFL commitments.
A double episode of MKR will screen in Adelaide in Monday.
Seven investigative show Sunday Night was a couple of hundred thousand viewers down on last week despite pushing a different exclusive angle to the Daniel Morcombe murder case.
Sunday Night was eighth with 1.055 million viewers while Seven’s imported drama Downton Abbey was ninth with 957,000
Most watched shows on Sunday
1. The Block: Fans V Faves (Nine) – 1.571 million
2. 60 Minutes (Nine) – 1.477 million
3. Aust. Formula One World Championship (Ten) – 1.347 million
4. My Kitchen Rules (Seven) – 1.316 million
5. Seven News (Seven) – 1.182 million
6. Nine News (Nine)- 1.176 million
7. Fat Tony & Co (Nine) – 1.118 million
8. Sunday Night (Seven) – 1.055 million
9. Downton Abbey (Seven) – 957,000
10. ABC News (ABC1) – 941,000
16. Thor rpt (Ten) – 521,000
* Source OzTAM